Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Toy

Gabby's in that stage where she tries to eat everything and anything. This includes any new toys or mail that we get :) Especially the mail. She likes paper. I need to get her a wooden toy as a treat...haha. Maybe some blocks. Today though, she was enjoying her new gate:



Oh man...the things babies do! I love every one of those things, too! I agree with Francesca when I think that I want her to stay tiny but at the same time can't wait to see the new things she'll learn and do. Sometimes people find out that she's so advanced and already walking and they say things like "oh I'm so sorry" with a sad look on their face or "with the next one you'll learn to push them down". As funny as some of the comments are, I really don't agree. I think it's fabulous to have her learn so fast. It'll just be that much sooner that I can play with her out in the yard or take her to a playground where she can actually do something instead of being strapped into "fun" contraptions all the time. She's very determined to enjoy herself and all these baby things are just not enough for her! She hates being bored, and I need a wider variety of things to present! Like any parent, I'm proud of everything she does...and if that means she's ahead, then great! I know I only have one and I might change my mind the next time around, but for now I will cherish everything about Gabby that makes her...well...Gabby :)

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Wait, is she full on walking? By herself? Incredible if she is! And man the tongue on that baby! Holy cow. lol. And, I think being advanced is something to be proud of, not annoyed by. I would be more concerned if my children were far behind than ahead. If we lived anywhere near by, we'd have our girls play together, cause my girls need new stimulation as well.

Francesca said...

People really say stuff like that? Interesting. I agree; I hate putting Caden into "fun" contraptions. But there's not much he can do at this age and I can't hold him all the time!

p.s. Thanks for the shout out!