Tuesday, May 11, 2010

School and Baby Gabrielle

Sarah said I should update this since we have so much to say! Here's what's been going on:

1. I've decided to finish school! Yay! I'm majoring in Linguistics with a minor in anthropology. It was really nice to do a graduation plan and see the plan right in front of me. I'll be graduating December of 2011! Although, the class order has already changed a million times due to what's offered and how many credits I have to take for financial aid, so it may even be sooner :) I'm super excited to have a degree and finally do really well in school. Super mom!

2. Since I decided to go back and finish up, Tim didn't want to waste our time here, so he's added a second major. He's now double majoring in Linguistics and Chinese-Mandarin. Crazy, eh? He's super smart and I love him :) I'm so excited for him to get a job with the foreign services and we'll be sent all over the world. I'm pretty sure he's a shoe-in with just knowing Chinese, let alone majoring in it! We'll see how the process of applying goes and I'll post updates with that.

3. Last of all, the BEST news is that we had our cute little baby girl on March 18, 2010! Her name is Gabrielle Gloria Wallace and she was born 5 lbs 8 oz. She was teeny :) I'm not arguing! There were some complications but she was just fine and she's happily sleeping next to me right now. She'll be 8 weeks on Thursday! Crazy! I love her sooooo much. It was such a blessing to be a mom on Mother's Day. I'm excited to see her grow and learn :) Here are a few of my favorite pictures so far-

Her first day on this earth!

Her first bath...she wasn't too thrilled

She always falls asleep in her swing- she loves movement

Sitting up with her Boppy!

The first smile I was able to catch on camera! It was actually the end of the smile, but it still counts and it's very cute :)

That's all for now! Soon we'll be getting a real camera instead of using my phone for all the pictures. Then everyone can tell how cute Gabrielle is in FULL COLOR! Coming soon-2010. Also, my mom is coming back down to help us out this summer. I was diagnosed with severe postpartum depression and my midwife suggested medication with counseling. With school and everything making things super stressful, it will be nice to have some help while Tim works 40+ hours every week. No more taking baby to class! I'll post more updates soon. We love you all!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Why is she so stinkin cute? Good girl for updating--and cute blog! I wish I didn't work, then I would play with her all day! (and you, of course)

Katelyn said...

She really is cute! And I had no idea you had postpartum depression. Is there anything I can do for you to help out? I know I'm crazy busy, but if you just wanted to come over and chat/commiserate a little I could definitely do that! I mean it. Seriously. I would love to cheer you up! :D And mad applause for going to school while being a mom! You rock! An education is so important and your daughter will admire you for getting your degree.

Taffers Dawn said...

I don't know if Ya'll remember me from BDA, Kathi Jensen, anyway, I cannot believe you guys have a baby!!! She is soooo cute and I love the name! Congrats guys!